We are aware that dental practices have a requirement to complete CPD on radiology and radiation protection topics within the five-year CPD cycle.
In view of this, we offer training on these topics, which is designed to cover all the elements given in guidance, as well as GDC recommendations for dentists and the BDA Good Practice Scheme for dental teams.
Training is arranged as a 6-hour training day to provide the recommended 5 hours of verifiable E-CPD.
The cost is currently based on the training being done on-line via Zoom.
We use PowerPoint presentations run from a laptop and you will have access to this via screen share.
The cost includes evaluation forms and a certificate for the session. It also includes a short pre and post session set of multiple choice questions to assess that learning has taken place for verifiable CPD recording purposes.
There is a limit of 20 participants 'attending', to encourage interaction.
We believe the key advantages of a course such as ours over some other forms of online training is the opportunity to ask questions (indeed this is encouraged) and the ability to keep information up-to-date.
The cost of a 'Zoom Course' is £100 + VAT per attendee.
We also offer training sessons for all the dental engineering companies we work with. Please enquire if you take on new staff who need training.
Ionising Radiation Risks & Safety
- Measuring radiation doses
- How radiation affects us
- Natural background radiation
- As Low As Reasonably Practicable
- Protecting Staff & Patients
X-Rays & The Law
- Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 (protecting workers & members of the public)
- Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2017 (protecting the patient)
Practice Issues & Quality Assurance
- Practice requirements for IRR17 & IRMER17
- Patient Selection
- Quality Assurance
- Implications of the Dental Guidance Notes 2020
The Science Behind Dental X-Rays
- Ionising & Non-Ionising Radiation
- Production & control of X-rays
- Effect of voltage, current & time on image quality
Dental Radiography & Radiographic Technologies
- Analogue dental radiography (film)
- Digital phosphor plate imaging (CR)
- Digital sensor plate imaging (DR)
- Panoramic Radiography
DENTAL TRAINING SYLLABUS
DENTAL RADIATION PROTECTION ADVISER